NSW draft Design and Building Practitioners Regulation 2020
The NSW Government wants your feedback on the proposed Design and Building Practitioners Regulation 2020.
The proposed Regulation forms part of the reforms introduced by the NSW Government to improve quality and compliance in Class 2 buildings, particularly high-rise apartments. It aims to strengthen accountability across the building design and construction industry.
The proposed Regulation includes the following key reforms:
- registration for design practitioners, principal design practitioners, building practitioners and professional engineers; •
- minimum requirements that these practitioners must meet in order to be registered;
- new obligations for lodging regulated designs and compliance declarations;
- Codes of Practice for practitioners that sets minimum professional and ethical standards;
- Continuing Professional Development requirements that apply to these practitioners to maintain registration;
- prescribed penalty notice offences.
Now is the time to have your say on the proposed Regulation by completing the survey.
Member are also invited to provide their feedback to assist the Society in the preparation of a Submission. Please provide your feedback by 4 January 2021.