The focus of the Academic subcommittee is all academic features the Society wishes to promote to its members. It liaises with academic institutions (students and the institution itself) in promoting and encouraging research activities in the construction industry.
This subcommittee is also responsible for the Society's annual essay prize, named for the Hon Robert Brooking AO QC. More information about the Brooking Prize can be found here.
Information about international construction law courses is available here.
The promotion of construction law as an area for teaching and research, and the strengthening of links between the academy and the construction professions, is at the heart of the Society's mission.
We are therefore delighted to have an active Academic Subcommittee comprising a number of Australia's leading construction law academics and practitioners.
Kate Bower (Herbert Smith Freehills)
Dr Donald Charrett (Victorian Bar)
- Matthew Bell (Melbourne Law School, The University of Melbourne)
- Dr Jeremy Coggins (University of South Australia)
- Professor Philip Evans (University of Notre Dame Australia)
- Professor Paula Gerber (Monash University)
- Robert Morgan (Faculty of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators)
- Trevor Thomas (Clayton Utz)
- Dr Samer Skaik (CQ University – Melbourne campus)