NEC: A New Benchmark for contracts in the construction industry?
SoCLA webinar presented by Amri Denton of HKA.
NEC is a relatively new form of contract for procuring engineering works, goods and services. It was built from the ground up to solve common industry challenges and delivers major benefits to clients and contractors alike in terms of ushering in a collaborative mindset, offering significant flexibility to tailor to specific situations; offering a broad suite of contracts for application across multiple sectors and scopes of work; presenting a manual for good project management and contract administration; and encouraging a proactive attitude to managing risk.
The seminar covers:
- An introduction to the contract
- Its philosophy and development
- The family of contracts and their applications
- The contract structure and layout
- Case studies in use
- A high level compare and contrast to the GC21 and AS forms