Patron: Justice Peter Vickery (Supreme Court of Victoria)
Founding Chair: Professor Ian Bailey SC
Chair: Kara Vague
Vice Chair: Karen Wenham
Secretary: Laina Chan
Treasurer: Paul Tobin
Assistant Treasurer: Andrew Robertson
Directors: Kara Vague, Karen Wenham, Laina Chan, Paul Tobin, Andrew Robertson, Marianne Rose, Jacyln Smith, Jennifer Galatas, Jeremy Chenoweth, Marko Misko, Matthew Bell, Phillip Greenham, Rebecca Dickson, Robert Fenwick Elliott, Sean Brady, Melissa Yeo
Formal Information about the Society
- The Society's formal name is: Society of Construction Law Australia Limited.
- The Society's formal details are: ACN 145 288 786 and ABN 99 145 288 786.
- Contact with the Society should be made through the secretary as follows:
Secretary Society of Construction Law Australia Limited
C/- Cathie Witcombe
Ground Floor, Wentworth Chambers
180 Phillip Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
- The Society does not trade. The Society is a not for profit learned society. The Society seeks to raise money, through memberships and registration fees for events convened by the Society to cover the costs of the Society's activities and to support and promote the aims of the Society.
The Society allows carefully selected external organisations with an interest in construction law (such as publishers and conference providers) access to its database of members' names and other details and to send mailings, including electronic mailings, to members. If you wish to stop receiving mailings from the Society or external organisations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Society's Membership fees are payable annually in advance. The Society would not expect circumstance would arise which would result in a refund of memberships fees. However if a member considers such circumstances have arisen the member should contact the secretary.
- The Society's Membership fees (inclusive of GST) are:
Individual membership fee: $220.00
Student membership fee $82.50
Corporate fee $550.00
Per member fee $110.00
- The Society's Constitution can be found by following this link: SoCLA Constitution