Mentor and Mentee of the Year Award
2021 Award Nominations are Open!
These awards recognise our members who have made an outstanding contribution to the SoCLA Mentoring Program, having exceeded your expectations by capturing and demonstrating the spirit of mentoring.
Nominations Open: Now
Nominations Close: Friday, 11 February 2022
Nomination Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3MDBF3W
Winners to be announced in March 2022
The award is open to all SoCLA Mentoring Program participants with the following criteria:
- The nominee is a current, registered member of SoCLA
- The nominee must have participated in the SoCLA Mentoring Program
- The nominee does not need to be your own mentor or mentee but they will have made an impact on you personally
- The winner must not have been a recipient of previous SoCLA Mentor or Mentee of the Year award
Selection of the winners will be made by the Judging Panel based on the information provided within the nomination form and using the criteria below.
The SoCLA Mentor of the Year and SoCLA Mentee of the Year prize recipients:
- have demonstrated an outstanding and lasting contribution to you as an individual, the wider community, or the mentoring program as a whole
- are passionate in their approach in providing, or receiving, coaching and mentorship
- are advocates for mentoring within the construction law industry and the wider community
- demonstrate leadership in the mentoring and supporting of other mentees and mentors
- have made a lasting impact on you personally
The Judging Panel will be comprised of three individuals:
- Chair of the Young Constructors Committee
- SoCLA Mentoring Program Manager
- One member of the SoCLA Board
The Society retains absolute discretion as to whether to award a prize in any category and, where a prize is awarded in a category, whether to award it to more than one entry (in which case the advertised prize would be shared equally). The Society’s decisions in relation to award of Prizes and commendations is final and no correspondence will be entered into.