SoCLA Event - Melbourne - 22 June 2017 - Security of Payment - Navigating Recent Developments
"Security of Payment - Navigating Recent Developments in Jurisdictional Errors and Natural Justice "
By Melanie Hindman, Northbank Chambers and Merissa Martinez, Paloma Chambers
This presentation will review developments in the last year concerning the judicial review of adjudicators' decisions including:
- contractual pre-conditions to payment or a reference date arising
- payment claim and payment schedule validity
- adequacy of adjudicators' reasons
- injunctions restraining enforcement
- effect of impecuniosity of successful party in an adjudication
- when a court will order indemnity costs
The presenters will review Australian and UK cases of importance, with a focus on the issues raised in recent Victorian and High Court decisions. They will also identify possible emerging issues for the future.
For more information and to RSVP please click here