Matters of Interest
Members are reminded of a number of matters of interest arising over the next few weeks.
- Scholarship Support Fund - the closing date of the first round of applications is Wednesday 30 April 2014. More information can be found here.
- Working Weekend - registrations for the Working Weekend are still open. Registrations are expected to close soon. More information can be found here.
- Australian Construction Law Newsletter - Members can enjoy the benefit of a reduced subscription for the Australian Construction Law Newsletter. More information can be found here.
Members are encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities.
Wed 30 April 2014
Members are reminded that the application period for the Scholarship Support Fund concludes on Wednesday 30 April 2014.
The Fund is available to contribute towards relevant research or other activities which fall within the ambit of the Objects of the Society. The Society is able to launch the Fund following the recent General Meeting in which supported a relevant amenement of the Society's Constitution.
Guidelines as to the administration of the Fund can be found here.
The Application Form to seek a grant form the Fund can be found here.
The time frame for the first round of applicaitons is as follows:
- Submissions should be made by 30 April 2014
- It is expected that a decision will be made in relation to the submissions by the end of May 2014
- It is proposed that the grants will be effective from 1 July 2014.
It is hoped that the availability of these grants will provide support for further development of the learning on issues relevant to the Society. I encourage members to consider what contribution they may be able to make to this learning and make an applicaiton for a grant.
Tue 13 May 2014
Members are advised of a series of two presentations on adjudication under the Security of Payment regime.
The presentations will be held in the Melbourne office of Minter Ellison on
Tuesday 13 and 20 May. They will commence at 5:30pm.
Peter Wood of Minter Ellison and David Thyer, an experienced adjudicator,
will be presenting.
These presentations are delivered in conjunction with The Institute of
Arbitrators and Mediators. Consistent with the usual practice of IAMA there
will be a nominal charge of $40 per session.
Details can be found here.
Fri 18 July 2014
The Society is convening a (Net)Working Weekend at Victor Harbour in South Australia from 18-20 July 2014. The aim of this weekend is to provide a forum for a limited number of members to meet in convivial
and relaxing surroundings to discuss important issues of Australian
construction law, to review the activities of the first five years of the Society, and to discuss its future.
Details of the (Net)Working Weekend can be found here.